Lately I’ve been seeing this new social media challenge going around on Facebook and various other outlets and decided to get in on the fun: List 10 books you read growing up that have stuck with you. Here’s my list for today (although, if you ask me the same question tomorrow, I will probably have thought of ten other books that I should have used insteadJ)
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer/Huckleberry Finn (Mark Twain is my celebrity crush.)
- The Witch of Blackbird Pond (Elizabeth George Speare)
- The entire Little House on the Prairie series (Laura Ingalls Wilder,) but especially the final book where the tone of the series changes so dramatically.
- The Mists of Avalon (Marion Zimmer Bradley)
- Julie of the Wolves (Jean Craighead George)
- Ghost in the Garden (Carol H. Behrman)