Emily Dickinson’s To-Do List on Poetry Friday
I’m crazy right now with NaNoWriMo, so for today’s Poetry Friday, I’ll be sharing a quick poem by Andrea Carlisle from I Feel a Little Jumpy Around You: A Book of Her Poems & His Poems Collected in Pairs, collected by Naomi Shihab Nye and Paul B Janeczko.
Emily Dickinson‘s To-Do List
Figure out what to wear—white dress?
Put hair in bun
Bake gingerbread for Sue
Peer out window at passersby
White dress? Off-white dress?
Chat with Lavinia
Work in garden
Letter to T.W.H.
White dress or what?
Eavesdrop on visitors from behind door
Try on new white dress
Gardening—watch out for narrow fellows in grass!
Gingerbread, cakes, treats
Poems: Write and hide them
Embroider sash for white dress
Water flowers on windowsill
By Andrea Carlisle
This week’s Poetry Friday is brought to you by laurasalas: writing the world for kids.
- A Painter of Words Shares Poetic Sunbeams (prweb.com)
- A Coconut Cake From Emily Dickinson: Reclusive Poet, Passionate Baker (npr.org)
- My Favorite Writing (cailynsteinhardt100w.wordpress.com)
- Reblog: Emily Dickinson – Another Massachusetts writer (unexpurgatedme.wordpress.com)
- Poetry Friday: “Rules for the Dance” (writeontheworld.wordpress.com)