I’ve recently made the decision to throw all of my writing focus into novel writing. This is something I should have done a long time ago, but for some reason paying the bills always seems to come first. Anyway, I’m working on a series of free-writes designed to work out the details of my novel as I am writing it. Over the next several weeks, I hope to post several writing prompts devoted to working out these details.
For this week’s Wednesday Writing Prompt, the focus is on setting. Specifically, the setting in which your main character grew up. Where we came from often has a major influence on who we become. It stands to reason that the setting where your character grew up will have a major impact on who she is in your story.
Describe the flavor of the setting in which your main character came to be who she is on page one of your novel.
- Wednesday Writing Prompt: The Greatest Longing (writeontheworld.wordpress.com)
- Teen Writing Prompt 295 (teengirlsthatwrite.wordpress.com)
- Writing Prompt Monday – Entry #3 (sanityoptionalwritingrequired.wordpress.com)
- Keep Your Writing Flowing (stranglingmymuse.wordpress.com)
- My/Your/Our/His/Her Point of View Discussion (literarymidwives.com)
- Interview with YA Author Dev Miles (whimsicallyours.com)
- Novel : Responses to Text (aflyontheclassroomwall.com)
- Teen Writing Prompt 301 (teengirlsthatwrite.wordpress.com)