It’s that time of year again! Time to make our “top however many of whatever of the year” lists and post them on our blogs. As a writer, I am of course obligated to post my top books of 2015. I read a lot of books this year, but only eight of them really stood out for me.
A couple of these are old books that I just recently discovered and loved, but most are newer. Normally I read mostly fiction, but somehow my “best of” list this year is split equally between fiction and nonfiction. There is also such a variety of genres, I think there’s something on this list for everyone:
- Our Endless Numbered Days by Claire Fuller
- Born Survivors: Three Young Mothers and Their Extraordinary Story of Courage, Defiance, and Hope by Wendy Holden
- The Book of Speculation by Erika Swyler
- Dietland by Sarai Walker
- We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
- Spinster: Making a Life of One’s Own by Kate Bolick
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
- Plaintext by Nancy Mairs
I have compiled the individual book descriptions here for you in case you would like to learn more about the ones on my top 8 list. I’d love to review each of them for you, but alas, I just don’t have the time right now!
Friend me on Goodreads to see what else I’ve read this year or to read along with me throughout 2016.
What were your favorite books this year? Please share in the comments below.