If you’re like me, you probably have at least a couple of projects laying around unfinished. If so, then like me, your major goal for 2014 might just be to get shit done. Seriously.
I get a little overwhelmed when I consider all of the projects I started in 2013 and didn’t finish. I want to finish them all. I want to finish writing my current WIP and the one I started for thesis last spring. I want to revise the novel I completed for the summer writing challenge in 2013. I want to publish everything (even all of those business essays I wrote so long ago that they are sitting around on floppy discs.)
When I think about it, I have many great projects that are not only started, but are also nearing completion. For me, 2014 will be more about completing projects than it will be about starting something new. Although, I suppose actually finishing something will be new for me. HA!
Anyway, it is useless to sit here psyching myself out over the mountain of work I have ahead of me. So why do it? I can only do one thing at a time. So. What do I want to do first? That’s the real question begging an answer.
Forget about everything you want to accomplish this year. Instead, consider this: What do you want to do first? What will you finish today?
- US Government still relies on floppy discs (telegraph.co.uk)
- Cover for the Second Chapter of Xavian (WIP) (xaviangubora.wordpress.com)
- Ménage à Trois: The Temptation of Multiple Works-in-Progress (characterreputation.wordpress.com)
- A Birthday Post of Sorts (wordsofprocrastination2.wordpress.com)
- A review of the first year of My Writing Life (juliestock.wordpress.com)
- 2014 Goals (howdyyal.wordpress.com)
- Winter has arrived. (collectcreatecirculate.com)
- 2014 Finish It or Frog It (remilyknits.com)
- Woops! (enigmainklings.blogspot.com)
- Blogging Resolutions 2014 (madiyavsthefictionalworld.wordpress.com)