I was just sitting here looking at my NaNoWriMo stats, trying to figure out how many words I want to write over the next two days so I can finish by Thursday and have nothing to do for the rest of the week (unless I want something to do) aside from grading papers.
I only need about 6,000 more words. One thing I’ve learned this month is that 6,000 words in one day is totally doable, especially on a day when I have something to say. And when do I not have something to say?
Then it occurred to me: if 6,000 words is really no big deal, then why not just finish today? It’s only about noon now, I have no classes this afternoon, no papers to grade until after tomorrow afternoon’s class, and my kids don’t get home until after 3:00 p.m. Can I write 6,000 words in the next three hours and call it done? I’m about to find out!
What’s your word count goal for today? Please share in the comments below.
- Halfway Through NaNoWriMo2013 (schaefer11235.wordpress.com)
- Writing – 2013 NaNoWriMo Done (kikiwritesabout.com)
- Did you forget? (marbleswords.com)
- Halfway into NaNoWriMo and I’m Rebelling (roseannanorman.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Day 13 = Catch Up Day (wannedering.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo: How it began, and how I’m done for this year. (minasalcove.wordpress.com)
- Almost There (Halfway): NaNoWriMo Day 12 (ibelonginabook.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo: Classic Novels Written in a Month (debbiemanberkupfer.wordpress.com)