It’s Day 7, and I have changed my mind. I am doing NaNoWriMo after all. There’s nothing like waiting a week to decide you want to write 50,000 words like everyone else. I have been sitting here reading blog posts about everyone else’s NaNo projects and feeling jealous. And making excuses for why I couldn’t do it too.
Then I got an idea. I finally looked myself in the computer screen and said, “Shut up with the excuses already. Sit your ass down in that chair and start writing.”
So, I am doing it. I am starting NaNoWriMo today, seven days in, and on my birthday, no less.
I am tentatively titling my NaNo project, “My NaNoWriMo Distaster: A Half-Assed Memoir.” It is going to be one long freewrite, with no rhyme or reason, and no resolution to the story other than hitting 50,000 words. In fact, when I get to 50,000, I am going to stop the freewrite and type, “The End” even if I am in the middle of the most exciting passage I have written all month.
Okay, if it turns out I am typing the most exciting passage of the month, I will type, “The End,” and then keep writing. I promise, I’ll try not to leave you hanging.
I am excited. I am already at 1,646 words as I am writing this blog post. I can do this. I have removed all of the pressure of writing a good story and will simply concentrate on writing 50,000 words. I got this. So do you.
Anyone care to join me? Please share your NaNoWriMo progress in the comments below.
- NaNoWri-Mo Mo Mo Mo! (teagansbooks.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Whato? (mariemeyerbooks.wordpress.com)
- Day Five of NaNoWriMo: Grants and Deadlines and Novels, Oh My! (andshewrites.com)
- NaNoWriMo 2013 – Up close and personal (zanemckenzie.com)
- NaNoWriMo (theamateurwriteruk.wordpress.com)
- 30 Questions To Ask Yourself During NaNoWriMo-Day 6 (aspiringwriter22.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo 2013…The Beginning (booshashable.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo (priceofwisdom.com)
- NaNoWriMo (thesalonnieresapartments.com)
- NaNoWriMo – This is hard. (hnwcassandra.com)