Today, my English Composition I class is learning about the Illustration pattern of essay development. According to aa-essays.com, “An illustrative essay (or exemplification essay) uses examples to show, explain, or prove a point or argument (the essay thesis). The key to a good illustrative essay is to use enough detailed and specific examples to get the point across.”
What was your childhood like? Write one explicit thesis statement that sums up your childhood. Then write an illustrative essay that includes either one long illustrative example or three to five shorter illustrative examples to support your claim.
You may 1) Share your essay in the comments below -or- 2) Post it on your own blog or website and share a link below.
- Writing: Creating an Argument (eng1131fairytales.wordpress.com)
- Ih #7 (waterbaby1975.wordpress.com)
- Essay (km1294.wordpress.com)
- Essay 2: Becoming a Better Writer (meg1497.wordpress.com)
- Frances Collins Essay Review (scaryari.wordpress.com)
- Trimble’s Thesis Summary-Trey Cecil (tcecil20.wordpress.com)
- The most difficult part of writing an essay is… (rheadhamapurkar12.wordpress.com)