Tuesday Writing Prompt: A personal narrative
“In “Shooting an Elephant,” George Orwell tells about an incident that forced him to act in a manner contrary to his better instincts. Write a narrative about a time you faced a disturbing conflict and ended up doing something you later regretted” (p. 172).
Care to join us? Freewrite on the above topic for a minimum of 10 minutes, then share your freewrite in the comments below. Or, you may decide to use the material you generate to write a narrative essay. If so, you may post your essay on your own blog or website and share a link to your essay in the comments below.
–OR– Why not publish your personal essay? Check out this Writer’s Digest article, 7 Reasons You Should Consider Publishing Personal Stories.
- Narrative Essay Reflection (hboggs3.wordpress.com)
- Narrative Reflection Essay (hodgedenzel.wordpress.com)
- Narrative reflection (casafraz.wordpress.com)
- Drafting (alliejo14.wordpress.com)
- George Orwell’s Love for the Common Toad (ekostories.com)
- Narrative Writing Experience (coltspens.wordpress.com)
- Narrative Essay Assignment (ssceng099.wordpress.com)