How to self-publish your novel
Yesterday I attended a seminar on self-publishing with author/publisher Cornel Rosario at my local technical college. I have been doing a lot of research on publishing recently and wanted to see if there was anything new he could teach me that I hadn’t figured out yet on my own. I am glad I did. Prior to the class, I had learned a lot about ebook publishing, but the process of publishing actual books had been a bit of a mystery to me.
Much of the information Rosario covered in this three-hour session was old news to me, as far as ebooks go. But when it comes to printing actual books, he was a wealth of knowledge on both old-fashioned printing and print-on-demand. I also learned a lot about the costs associated with publishing your own book.
For a while now, I have been kicking around the idea of starting my own independent publishing company using print-on-demand technology. Not only do I want to publish my own books, but I am also interested in editing and publishing the work of others. With my combined business and writing/editing background, I believe I stand a good chance of making it successful.
As I explore this topic in more detail to determine whether it is, indeed, a viable option, I plan to share what I learn with you here on my blog. Hopefully you will learn a thing or two, or maybe even point out to me when I am on the wrong track.
I was amazed at how many people in my community showed up at this self-publishing seminar. There are a LOT of people out there writing books! We should find a way to connect on a regular basis to help each other out.
Have you ever attended a seminar or workshop at your local community college? If not, I recommend that you look into it, no matter what your level of experience in your preferred topic. I find that I always learn *something* and usually come away with a wealth of ideas that help me push ahead with whatever it is I am doing at the moment. Plus, these courses are usually relatively inexpensive (this one was only $24.20!!) which makes them well worth it even if all you get out of it is an evening spent with a group of people who share your interest in the topic.
~Amanda L. Webster, Writer/Publisher
- Ebook Publishing Blog (successful-ebook-publishing.com)
- How To Start An Ebook Publishing Company (successful-ebook-publishing.com)
- Self-Publishing A Legal Casebook: An Ebook Success Story (Forbes Cross-Post) (ericgoldman.org)
- The Learning Curve of Self Publishing (godintheicu.wordpress.com)
- Ebook Publishing Contract (successful-ebook-publishing.com)
- Get Your Book Published! eBook Publishing Company Seeks Submissions (bookhubinc.wordpress.com)
- What the Heck is “Indie” Publishing? (artistsroad.wordpress.com)
- Around the Web: “The Problem with Indie-Publishers” by J. Cafesin (genrebookreviews.com)