This week in my Composition I class, we are continuing our journey through the steps of the writing process. Last week, we discussed prewriting and choosing a thesis. I asked my students to do a freewrite in which they considered whether pride is a virtue or a vice. Then we worked together to come up with a thesis statement for an essay they will write on the topic of pride.
Today we are moving on to the next two steps in the writing process, which are (according to our textbook) “Supporting the thesis with evidence” and “Organizing the evidence.” We will continue to generate raw material for our pride essay as we work through each step. So, this week’s (and probably next week’s as well) writing prompt will be a continuation of the prompt I gave you last week.
Tuesday Writing Prompt
Write about your proudest moment.
Write on this topic for about ten to fifteen minutes, then share in the comments below. If you are working through the steps of the writing process with us, please feel free to share your final essay when it is complete.
- Cutting down the time spent on writing (snk88.wordpress.com)
- Moving From Idea to Thesis Statement (montanyeharris.wordpress.com)
- Summary of Writing Process (saragramberg.wordpress.com)
- Writing process (leannfrancis.wordpress.com)
- Summary of the Writing Process (dfine93.wordpress.com)
- The Planning Process (p143w560.wordpress.com)
- In Class Writing About Our Reading 🙂 ! (dll0010.wordpress.com)
- Before You Begin: Examples of Prewriting (english.answers.com)
- Tuesday writing prompt: Pride (writeontheworld.wordpress.com)