Hello, all. It’s week two of my Tuesday afternoon English Composition I course. I have promised my students that we would be doing a lot of writing in class this semester, which in turn means I need to come up with some writing prompts for them. Since I’ll be generating writing prompts each week anyway, I figured I may as well share these prompts with you!
Today we begin our discussion on the steps of the writing process by covering prewriting and thesis statements. The plan is to have my students write one essay, step-by-step, over the next couple of weeks while we learn about the steps of the writing process.
With that in mind, today’s writing prompt is designed to get them (and you!) to think about and generate raw material for an essay on the topic of pride.
What is pride? Is it a virtue or a vice?
Spend about fifteen to twenty minutes scribbling your ideas down, and then share them in the comments below. –OR— use the raw material you generated to write a personal essay about pride. Then post your essay to your blog and share a link in the comments below.
On an unrelated topic: I recently opened an Etsy store to try to sell some of my handmade goods in an attempt to be not quite *so* broke. If you’re looking for some cute little holiday gifts (the holidays ARE bearing down on us now, aren’t they?) please check out my store, CraftAYarn.
- Persuasive Writing Prompt Ideas (english.answers.com)
- Write My Essay – A Weird Online Request? (educationalsteps.wordpress.com)
- Tips for Writing College Essays With Prompts (college.answers.com)
- FREE Guide to Getting Started on Your College Essay! (writewithrosie.wordpress.com)
- How to write an essay. (colefoxstats.wordpress.com)
- Daily Prompt: A Little Sneaky (collegegirldai.com)
- “Shitty First Drafts” (eng111ag.wordpress.com)
- trask essay (bigmoney188.wordpress.com)