Day 6 Prompt: For today’s prompt, I decided to use the alternative prompt, as I have already profiled my most-read blogs. Here’s the alternative prompt: Share a personal interest or hobby that you have aside from writing – how has this inspired and impacted your writing? Required: at least one photo!
My personal interest/hobby is Nature, for sure! I liken the composting of old growth and kitchen waste in my garden to the composting of ideas that must take place in my mind in order for me to write a good story.
Nature (whether it be gardening, hiking, or simply sitting and living in the moment) and writing are deeply intertwined in my mind. I don’t know if I could have one without the other. When I hike alone in the woods, I find myself rolling words around in my head as I walk. It is common for me to wrap up a hike with an intense writing session.
And here’s my required photo:
What do you like to do when you’re not writing?
NOTE: The 10 Day Writing Blogger Challenge is open until November 2013, so feel free to join in the fun. If you decide to answer this same prompt on your blog, I would love to read it. Please post a link to your blog post in the comments below.
- Should Writer’s Blog About Writing? (sidneyscripts.wordpress.com)
- Saturday Blogger Interviews – Ashlyn Shore (anothercityurbanite.wordpress.com)
- Sorry about that…. (20somethingbusinesswoman.com)
- Staying in Focus: Daily Prompt: Life After the Blog (patcoyle53.wordpress.com)
- Is The Blogger Only As Good As Their Sponsorship? (girlgonetravel.com)