I should consider changing my Friday Writing Challenge Check-in series to “This Week’s Excuse for Not Writing.” Seriously, people, if I keep this up, I’m going to have to stop calling myself a writer. Maybe I should change my title to “blogger” since I can at least manage that.
Anyway, last Friday I headed out to Illinois for a huge family campout (huge as in somewhere around 60 to 70 family members showed up.) Of course, I brought my notebooks. Of course, I was too busy camping and visiting with family to write in them.
We camped until Sunday morning, then went to my parents’ house for a couple of days. Then I made a stop at my sister’s house a couple of hours north of my parents. I was planning to come home Wednesday, but she begged me to stay another day since she was off Wednesday and we could actually hang out and see each other. Once school starts, I’ll hardly get to see any of my family at all until next summer, so I couldn’t say no.
I didn’t get home until yesterday afternoon, just in time to take my son to his softball game. I spent the rest of the evening unpacking, doing laundry, and trying to put my house back together. You would think since I left the house clean, there wouldn’t be so much to do. But when we came home, we dragged in a whole SUV full of stuff and tossed it everywhere.
Did I mention I brought home an extra kid and an extra cat? Yes, I not only decided I needed a second cat, but I also decided to bring one of my nieces home with me for a visit. Hurray for not knowing how to say no. Ever.
The only writing I managed to accomplish was the other night when I lay in bed at my sister’s house and tapped out a couple hundred words in a G-Note on my phone.
So, my writing progress for this week:
- Novel: I added 0 words, for a grand total of 68,607.
- Memoir: I added 214 words, for a grand total of 4,695.
I WILL write next week, I WILL.
- Pantser and Proud: 2013 365 Challenge #202 (writermummy.wordpress.com)
- Stepping back into the Writer (awritersfountain.wordpress.com)
- The Hardest NaNoWriMo Of My Life (miriamjoywrites.com)
- Ten Writing Confessions (writingsbykrystol.wordpress.com)
- Writing Fight Scenes with a Ninja (7evildwarves.wordpress.com)
- ARCs, Spanish Moss, and Read Aloud Circles: What I Learned from the Fourteenery Retreat (anniecardi.com)
- Sharing Some Wonderful News (glynisrankin.wordpress.com)
- If You’re Truly A Writer (authorallenwatson.wordpress.com)
- How about a what if weekly writing challenge? Anybody interested? (okaywhatif.com)
- I Am Not A Writer (inkwellsplatters.wordpress.com)