Saturday, my writer friend and I trekked out to Hubertus, WI, located at 5241 State HWY 167 (Holy Hill Rd) to spend the day writing at the TreeGhost Café. TreeGhost is conveniently located within minutes of the Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary, Help of Christians, at Holy Hill, and is an excellent locale for those of you who would like to do some sightseeing before or after you write.
Locally owned and operated, TreeGhost offers service you just won’t find at any chain café. When we arrived, we were personally greeted by Kevin, the owner. Kevin made sure we had everything we needed for a productive day of writing and wasn’t satisfied until he made sure I was able to get my laptop online.
My friend and I began our morning with tall of cups of delicious Fiddleheads coffee. The air was filled with the scent of pulled pork roasting behind the bar as we chatted, wrote, and eyed the interesting décor available for purchase at TreeGhost. When lunch time rolled around, we had to try the pulled pork sandwiches… and they were as delicious as they smelled!
Before we left, Kevin asked us if we would like a slice of blueberry pie. The pie is not on the menu, but a neighbor had baked it for him, and he had more than he could eat. We tried a slice of that homemade pie, on the house, and left with full bellies and TreeGhost Café on our list of writing spots to which we must return.
Whether you’re a writer, or just an adventurer, you must visit Holy Hill and stop by to say hi to Kevin at TreeGhost. Where is your favorite place to write, and why? Please share in the comments below.
- Reviewing Local Flavor Café in Watervliet (timesunion.com)
- Heroes Come Hope: Troop Cafe putting veterans to work (fox6now.com)
- Favorite Thing Friday: Coffee Journal (cbwentworth.wordpress.com)
- Mineral Point- Where Wisconsin Began (lauriesportraits.wordpress.com)
- Date night at the Lowbrow Cafe (tcdailyplanet.net)
- Run Away With Me – Nora Collins – Country Music Videos (artistpush.com)
- Living the Dream (40represented.com)
- Awesome America: 51 Facts And Attractions You Need To Check Out (SLIDESHOW) (huffingtonpost.com)