Check out Fiverr for buying and selling writing services
A reader (thanks, Tonette!) recently suggested I check out a website called Fiverr to see if I can find someone to design a book cover for a collection of poems I would like to self-publish. While I haven’t yet found someone to design my book cover, it did occur to me that maybe I should post a few gigs of my own on Fiverr.
My first idea was to offer novel critiques to fellow writers looking to polish their novels before self-publishing. (I also borrowed this idea from another reader.) I posted a gig for this, but after getting to know the website a bit better, I do not think this is quite the right format for advertising this particular service.
The problem is, to critique an entire novel manuscript, I would need to be paid $5 per page (I could do $3 or $4 per page if not for the fact that Fiverr keeps $1 for each $5 you earn through their site) rather than per the entire gig. I originally thought I could charge one gig per page, but it looks like Fiverr is set up to restrict such options.
I will probably end up removing this particular gig, but perhaps I will set up a PayPal button on my website to sell my services there. The hard part will be getting people to the site (yay, marketing!) Anyway, if you are looking for someone to critique the second draft of your novel manuscript, please contact me for more info. I will accept payment through PayPal, and we can hammer out the details on our own without getting another middle person involved.
In addition to offering my critique services, I also posted a gig in which I offer to tell you how to get more readers to your blog for $5. I think this particular service is better suited to the Fiverr format. It will be interesting to see if I get any results on this one. I’ll keep you posted in case you’re interested in offering your own writing services through this site.
Have you had any experience with Fiverr or similar websites? Please share your experiences in the comments below.
- I will review and link to your writing blog from my writing blog for $5.
- How to Make Money Online Through Fiverr (freelancerkenya.com)
- Musicians Earning Revenue Via Fiverr’s Newly Upgraded Gig Platform (hypebot.com)
- Fiverr launches its refreshed microtask marketplace with analytics, to-do list and more (thenextweb.com)
- The Secret To Making 1000$/Month From Fiverr [Ultimate Guide] (probloggingsuccess.com)
- My first experience with fiverr, and why they should support Bitcoin (innerlogics.com)
- Fiverr not just $5 anymore, now powering the ‘gig economy’ for up to $500 (venturebeat.com)
- Getting Started on Fiverr (aeioufiverr.wordpress.com)
- My First Fiverr Gig (aeioufiverr.wordpress.com)
- Introducing the new Fiverr: Goodbye $5 max charge, hello professional-looking profiles (digitaltrends.com)