It’s funny how I write a lot of poetry when I’ve been reading a lot of poetry. I don’t really read much of it at all, unless I have to for school. But this month, several of the blogs I follow have been posting poems as part of the Poem-a-Day Challenge. So, here I am, popping out poems when I should be working on my novel. But I guess I could use the distraction. Who knows, maybe my prose will be the better for it.
Here’s my latest:
Love Long Distance
and last time
and next time
Don’t ask me why I call myself Amanda when I’m writing poems and Mandy when I’m writing anything else. That just happens to be what my fingers always end up typing for some reason.
What are you doing to celebrate National Poetry Month? Please share in the comments below.
- Truthfully, I really don’t like poetry. (barefairy.wordpress.com)
- We All Need Poetry – Do We, Really? (thelintinmypocket.wordpress.com)
- National Poetry Month (bluemountain.com)
- On Writing Poetry (etcwriting.wordpress.com)
- Wherein pop-up-poetry meets people (popuppoetry.wordpress.com)
- April is POETRY MONTH (aboquistschoolthehomeedition.wordpress.com)
- Poetry Challenge for April (anexerciseindiscipline.com)
- A Few Stray Thoughts, And A Poem By Sophia de Mello Breyner Andresen: “I Feel The Dead” (poeticallyversed.wordpress.com)