My blog was recently nominated for a Liebster Blog Award. Probably because I personally know the blogger who nominated me, and we’ve been sharing strategies for bumping up our readership. At any rate, it looks like fun, so why not?
The Liebster Blog Award
The rules for the Liebster Award are very simple: You are required to thank the person who nominated you, answer the 11 question they have asked you, nominate 11 other people and ask them 11 questions in return. According to the guidelines, the Liebster award should be sent to bloggers with less than 200 followers so that new bloggers can see how awesome they are!
By the way, thanks to Punky Coletta at SlimeGreen for the nomination!
1. What made you start blogging? I first started blogging when I was writing copy for KnotTheGroom. Even though I have ZERO passion for weddings, I learned a lot about using a blog for marketing. Eventually, I got the bright idea to start a blog to market myself and my writing. Write On the World is partly about marketing – putting myself out there so people can get an idea of who I am, while building a platform where I can eventually market my “Great American Novel” – and partly about exploring and improving my writing process.
2. You have one month, unlimited funds, and zero repercussions; what do you do? Travel someplace really awesome… or, one really awesome place per week. But which one(s)? You should see my travel bucket list. I want to go EVERYWHERE!
3. What is your Spirit Animal? (Hint: does not have to be a REAL animal. Second Hint: Cannot be me). Believe it or not, I’ve given this question a lot of thought lately. Honestly, I can’t really choose one specific species. For me, it’s more about personal connections with individual animals. Throughout my life, I’d had close personal connections (not in a dirty way!!) with specific horses, dogs, and cats. I am also in awe of the Siberian tiger at the Milwaukee County Zoo (maybe that’s my spirit animal?) My current familiar is my cat, Zelda.
4. Remember that one thing you did that you hoped nobody would ever find out about? Go ahead and tell that story now, mkay? I thought of one, but then I decided I didn’t want to go to jail. Hmmm. Otherwise, I pretty much brag about the outrageous things I do. The times I’ve made the biggest ass of myself usually made the best stories. As a writer, you just have to share those!
5. If you could have dinner with any 3 people, living or dead, who would you choose? Mark Twain, my Grandma Webster (gone, but never forgotten,) and my new boyfriend.
6. When was the last time you tried something new, and what did you do? Aside from my new boyfriend? Hmmm… let me think. Oh no, it’s been WAY too long since I’ve done something new. Not good. Everyone needs to comment below on what new things I need to try! Oh wait, I did recently try out a new coffee shop. And, I have been trying out leaving the house more often to write in different places, like the coffee shop or the library. But, that’s not exciting enough. So please, comment and give me some ideas!
7. What is your favorite film of all time? I don’t watch very many movies. Who has the time? But I do love Stranger Than Fiction. And for some reason, I’ve seen Bridesmaids about a million times. I seriously can not stop watching that movie every time it’s on HBO.
8. Favorite book(s) of all time? Do I have to pick just one? OK, fine: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.
9. If you could go 10 years into the past and tell yourself one thing, what would it be? “You can do eet!”
10. I’m thinking of taking a vacation; where should I go? If you’re broke like me, you should check out the Mississippi River vacation I took last summer on the Twilight River Cruise. Fun, relaxing, and CHEAP!
11. Best reason you called in sick to work, when you weren’t actually sick at all? I just didn’t feel like going to work.
- Charlotte Rains Dixon
- Journey to Wilderness
- The Bookshelf Muse
- [pretend it’s clever]
- The Write Practice
- The View Outside
- Rika Confesses
- My thoughts, my life
- Fay Moore: I Want to Be a Writer
- Brew City Book Lovers
- Liebster Award (smarksthespots.wordpress.com)
- My nomination for the “Liebster Award” (zestnzen.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Award – Thanks for nomination… now here are mine! (15minutesand1day.wordpress.com)
- The Liebster Award – New Nominees (beyondbeautytips.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Blog Award (gourmetonthegoblog.com)
- The Liebster Blog Award (writeforsanitysake.wordpress.com)
- Liebster award (clairelewisco.wordpress.com)
- Aren’t I the Lucky One (dropsofink.com)
- BLOG AWARD: Liebster Award (gorjaeous.com)
- The Liebster Award (Q/A) (ramblingsfromaj.wordpress.com)