Poetry Friday: Miss Kitty
It’s been some time since I’ve posted for Poetry Friday, but inspiration struck a moment ago, so I decided to pounce. Is it too soon to hope I’ve finally recovered from my bout with writer’s block?
Today’s poem is inspired by my kitten, Zelda, who is turning out to have quite the personality:
My cat thinks I’m her prey.
She stalks me through the house,
Crouching on the stairs
Or behind a curtain,
Just waiting for me to pass
So she can pounce.
~By Amanda L. Webster
This week’s Poetry Friday is sponsored by Violet Nesdoly.
- Poetry Friday: Dare to Dream (with a poem by Hope Anita Smith) (laurasalas.wordpress.com)
- Poetry Friday: “Downtown at Taylor Park” (mattforrest.wordpress.com)
- A Rip in the Bud – poetry submission for Friday Fictioneers (niftitalks.com)
- Poetry Friday: I Got Nothing (laurasalas.wordpress.com)
- Poetry Friday: Emari DiGiorgio, 2012 Festival Poet (quillfyre.wordpress.com)
- Poetry Friday: Day of the Pigweed (by Doug Cushman) (laurasalas.wordpress.com)
- Kitty Cams Reveal Shocking Truth (motherjones.com)
- Poetry Friday: “Constancy” (mattforrest.wordpress.com)
- Poetry incoming (weegeemcscot.wordpress.com)
- is this the Olympics or miss USA? (susandanielseden.wordpress.com)