If you’re a teacher or student (or both, like me,) your head is probably about to explode from all of the recent end-of-year academic activities. So, for today’s Wednesday Writing Prompt, I thought it might be appropriate to pick something fun and light to write about. Of course, if you’re in the mood for deep and dark, you could probably take it that way too. Here goes:
Without looking, reach into a drawer, any drawer, in the room in which you are right this moment. (If you’re in a public place or someone else’s home, you may want to ask for permission first.) Pull out the first item you can get your hands on. Remember, don’t look in the drawer or look for a particular item. Instead, I want you to grab one random item.
Now that you have chosen that random item, I want you to incorporate this item into a story or poem. I’m purposely leaving this writing prompt as vague and open-to-interpretation as possible. It will be interesting to read what you come up with. If you could, please post a link to your writing in the comments below.
- Site of the Week: Creative Writing Ideas and Prompts (procrastin8or.wordpress.com)
- Teen Writing Prompt 196 (teengirlsthatwrite.wordpress.com)
- Best writing prompts… (maryjoburke.wordpress.com)
- Picture Prompt #3 (jaylt.wordpress.com)
- Desk Drawers Become Wall Art (janmadeit.wordpress.com)
- Friday Flash – “Reconnaissance” (kbnelson.wordpress.com)
- A Look Inside my Drawers (lostartpress.com)
- Secret Drawer (jerusalemtojericho.wordpress.com)
- I Keep My Muse in My Sock Drawer (melindamcguirewrites.wordpress.com)
- Bad book a spur to new writing (transylvaniacreative.wordpress.com)