I’ll be out of the office this Poetry Friday, so I’m scheduling my weekly post a few days in advance. I’m keeping it short and sweet this week and am sharing an original poem:
Here lies a sock some kid kicked off.
Imagine when she lost this sock –
In jogging stroller seat she rode,
bouncing feet while mommy strode.
White sock, now dingy, flecked with mud –
“Pick it up?” I ask myself
or leave it lie in case someone
wants it, comes looking, finds it gone?
Poor sock, it’s prob’ly long forgotten,
quickly replaced by another,
just one of a multitude,
tiny socks, tumbled in drawers…
Will no one notice one is gone?
By Amanda L. Webster
- Friday poetry – Doubt Wisely (flipchartfairytales.wordpress.com)
- Baby Socks (heatherdhunt.wordpress.com)
- Baby Undersocks for 50% off…Perfect for the Winter (bxcheapskate.com)
- A little FO (craftyyup.wordpress.com)
- My very strong feelings about socks (rookiemoms.com)