Last night was the second installment of the Fall 2011 Writers on Writing series at Mount Mary College. I so love these writer’s discussions. It is a privilege to hear published, award-winning authors read their work and have the opportunity to meet with them in person. Not to mention the fact that there is always food (but someone forgot the lemon bars this time. *tear*)
Last night’s author panel, entitled, “Writers Writing to Right Their World,” included:
- Laura Schaefer, author of Man with Farm Seeks Woman with Tractor (Thunder’s Mouth Press, 2005), The Teashop Girls (Simon & Schuster 2008) and The Secret Ingredient (2011).
- Tom Mathews, Mount Mary College graduate writing program alum, grant writer for COA Youth & Family Centers and, freelance feature writer for Milwaukee Magazine.
- Christopher Mohar (Mojar? I’ve seen it spelled both ways on several different websites,) recipient of a Wisconsin Institute for Creative Writing Fellowship, The Southwest Review‘s McGinnis-Ritchie Award for Fiction, and the Council for Wisconsin Writers’ Sternig Short Fiction Award. Christopher also teaches creative writing for UW-Madison‘s Division of Continuing Studies.
- “Date a Girl Who Reads” (dashamones.wordpress.com)
- Writers on Writing at Mount Mary College (writeontheworld.wordpress.com)
- The Bus Unveiled – Art Xpress 2011 (mam.org)
- Your Invited: Out of the Suitcase IV Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design (valorieschleicher.wordpress.com)
- Who’s That Girl?: Wisconsin Edition (mam.org)
- Book Excerpt: Shame the Devil (bookmarketingbuzz.com)
- Poetry (writerswritedaily.wordpress.com)